[FIXED] Changes on youtube

Latests news, download links and announcements about Xt7-Player.

[FIXED] Changes on youtube

Postby kokoko3k on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:11 am

..will make impossible to watch video anymore using xt7.
minitube and youtube-dl has been updated and they works fine.

Due to the lack of time, i think that In the upcoming version i'll add youtube-dl, (a well mantained python script) as a dep to xt7.
kokoko3k
Site Admin

Re: Changes on youtube

Postby symbianflo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:45 pm

I don't think it is a good news ... youtube-dl it is in python , and python %_version in use are from 2.4.x to 2.7.x
on the various distributions, also retro compatibility in python it is a dream....a bad one ...
Now I do not intend to advice you on anything , but choose the downloader to use ,carefully , since xt7-player it depends on qt4/gambas3 i can assure the porting on mandriva , and I don't know what the other packager think about it , but my youtube-dl in 2.5.x wont build on 2.7.x. and opposite , had to patch it for each py_version... so you are the boss
C u m8
ciao
symbianflo

Postby kokoko3k on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I don't have the time to stay "up to date" on every youtube 'api' change, having an external app which do one thing, but does it better is.. better :)
Do you know about similar tools apart from youtube-dl that are mantained and up to date?

-EDIT-
From youtube-dl home page:
youtube-dl is a small command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and a few more sites. It requires the Python interpreter, version 2.x (x being at least 5),

So it seems that it will work on 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7, maybe it is sufficient to change the very first line of the script to reflect the right interpeter (#!/usr/bin/python 2.xx).
I didn't tested, but i'm pretty sure that on archlinux it works on python 2.7.2 without any particular patch.
Doesn't mandriva packages youtube-dl 'by default' ?
kokoko3k
Site Admin

Postby symbianflo on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 pm

kokoko3k wrote:I don't have the time to stay "up to date" on every youtube 'api' change, having an external app which do one thing, but does it better is.. better :)
Do you know about similar tools apart from youtube-dl that are mantained and up to date?

-EDIT-
From youtube-dl home page:
youtube-dl is a small command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and a few more sites. It requires the Python interpreter, version 2.x (x being at least 5),

So it seems that it will work on 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7, maybe it is sufficient to change the very first line of the script to reflect the right interpeter (#!/usr/bin/python 2.xx).
I didn't tested, but i'm pretty sure that on archlinux it works on python 2.7.2 without any particular patch.
Doesn't mandriva packages youtube-dl 'by default' ?

Who cares if mdv has it or not :D
http://mrb.mandrivausers.ro/index.php?s ... mit=Search
I have it so yes i can edit the firs line of the script , you have right about that , i 'll manage it ,
And about other tools i think gmediafinder by smolleyes mean this:
http://gnomefiles.org/content/show.php/ ... 323a5d8a87

He really keeps it up to date , but it is a bit complex it does download from many youtube like sites, but also
convert, play,save playlists, and it is a audio/video tool that has it own downloader , I must admit it is pretty impressive .
If you could use his downloader I think would be fine, but if you can do it with less effort with youtube-dl
go for it .
I'll keep the youtube-dl also up to date on my repository.
PS:
I know about yutube-dl in AUR just that I don't have AUR in my pacman.conf
no offense but does not seems very trusty to me... I prefer to compile the staff by me self from sources :D

Keep in touch m8
symbianflo

Postby kokoko3k on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 pm

youtube-dl is in "community" repo under arch linux, it is not an aur package; and community repo packages are mantained by the so called "trusted users", so you can 'trust' them :D
But i want not to be archlinux centric in any way.
About gmediafinder; it not only does download, but also allows you to watch videos, and is "fatter" than youtube-dl; so i think i will stick with the last.
I hope to be ready with it for the next version, see you soon!
kokoko3k
Site Admin

Postby UMPlayer on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 am

UMPlayer plays youtube just fine!
http://www.umplayer.com/download/
UMPlayer

Re: [FIXED] Changes on youtube

Postby kokoko3k on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 am

great!
kokoko3k
Site Admin

Postby FlashVideoReplacer on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 am

Firefox Browser Extension

Using Firefox Browser

Download Firefox Extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest/161869/addon-161869-latest.xpi?src=dp-btn-primary
FlashVideoReplacer 2.1.14
by lovinglinux

RESTART Firefox

Go to Firefox [Tools] / add-ons / Extensions / FlashVideoReplacer [Preferences]

Flash VideoReplacer Preferences

{TAB} [Replacement]

Preferred Method = Standalone
Delay = 0
Launch player automatically = [NO]

Standalone Player = Custom
/usr/bin/xt7-player.gambas

{TAB} [Quality]

Default Quality = SUPER
Prefer mp4 over flv = [NO]

{TAB} [Downloads]

Your choice!

{TAB} [Sites]

Enable/Disable Web Sites

YouTube [YES]
Vimeo [YES]
Metacafe [YES]
Other streaming websites [YES]

{TAB} [Alerts]

Enable Alerts

Errors [YES]
Video Info [YES]
Tips [YES]
FlashVideoReplacer

Postby kokoko3k on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:36 am

Actually xt7 uses youtube-dl and works fine with youtube, but i agree, flashvideoreplacer is really good, it also supports other streaming sites and we all know how bad is the plugin adobe ships for linux :roll:
kokoko3k
Site Admin

Return to News and downloads